Wednesday 25 February 2009

The vapours

Blooming poorly - properly so, got the shivers and then fell down the stairs. Feel all weak and helpless like a victorian heroine with the vapours.
Was meant to be going to the pictures yesterday evening but did not make it - I thought I might have a pick me up power nap before setting off but husband cancelled for me on the grounds that when he tried to wake me I just kept asking him if the actress Julia McKenzie was in Rent-a-ghost.
Was very heartened to learn that Little one sr. is able to draw a picture of himself with a body, apparently lots of children his age just do a head with arms and legs. He is obviously some sort of genius, sadly his self portrait did not include a face but did boast an oesophagus, he is a lovely little weirdo.
Little one jr. being usual robust self - we ended up doing controlled crying with him last night as I was completely unable to get up and husband was completely unwilling to. Anyway, he shouted for a bit and eventually we all fell asleep as the birds began to sing. I went in to get him this morning and the little monkey had got hold of his baby monitor and had been shouting right down it, he was all smiles so no harm done.
Todays picture is of some plastic hens, they are £6 each from hen and hammock, made of recycled plastic and would definitely make husband snort his tea if I bought any. Am considering replacing the real chickens with these. We got the real chickens after I read an effusive article about garden chicken keeping, I was expecting the birds to cluck neatly around picking the slugs from amongst the plants, I was wrong - Bloody lying journalists but who was to know (it was Gardeners World not News of World). Garden now a poo covered half eaten shadow of former self.....Plastic chickens ahoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment