Tuesday 24 February 2009

P P P P P P P P Pancake Day

Was suprised this morning by little one sr. staggering into the room, collapsing dramatically on the floor and telling me that he "needed pancakes", I didn't know it was Shrove Tuesday. Tried to persuade little one sr. to give up whinging for lent - he didn't look convinced. Actually managed to make both children look less feral than normal and fed the big one pancakes before arriving slightly early for nursery - further cemented good mummy status by reading to little one sr. in the waiting room with full on sound effects "Emergency, House on Fire - Whee ooo, Whee ooo, Whee ooo".
We are continuiing the reluctant weaning of little one jr. He is completely obsessed with boobs and nipples, even giving the husbands an optimistic tweak occasionally.
I am thinking about calling for the woman across the road who has a baby and seeing if she wants to come to Mums and Tots with me today. This seems a very scary prospect right now, I don't really know her and she is from round here so she already has friends, she might think I am weird. Little one jr. is sat next to me and giggling every time I catch his eye - I think he might like a little friend who lives nearby so I should really make the effort.
Saw this in Monsoon recently, tried it on and loved it - all before realising it cost £95 - shame, think it is too nice to end up in the sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment