Saturday 21 February 2009

Not trying hard enough

Good day today.

Started off with a fantastic lie in and then when I did get up all the boys were in a good mood. Little one Sr. was full of the joys of spring and was chatting on about broadleafs and evergreens, he bought home a tiny twig with some buds on and told me that it was pointing to the spring time - bless him. Little one Jr. just looked confused and grabbed my boobs.
It is looking pretty springy now which is a suprise as it was only a week or so ago that it was fricking artic. My sisters due date today so not just the trees that are full of life and ready to flower.
Obviously childbirth was on my mind today. My sister is planning a home birth in water and has been doing lots of yoga and such like, she has read about childbirth ad nauseum and is pretty much as prepared as one can be....except for the pain thing - bless her, she went to the labour unit to look around and over heard someone in labour, she said they sounded like they were having their leg cut off, it wasn't that bad surely? What do you say? I am beginning to fear that the yoga teacher and doula have been giving her unrealistic expectations. It hurt like hell when I gave birth - perhaps I just wasn't trying hard enough?
Anyway, while husband lying in bed eating bovril on toast (well known cure for man flu) I have been looking on the internet for treasure...have found this

No comments:

Post a Comment