Friday 27 February 2009

Read the notes please...

Bugger, am now really ill, properly bone tired poorly.
Had a good day yesterday, mainly because I pottered in the garden and painted a "Fire Station" sign for little one sr.
Had a bad day yesterday because I had to see a mad gynaecologist and watched crimewatch.
The gynaecologist I have met before when I had a miscarriage, she was terrible then. I had just come out of the scan that had showed a sad empty sac rather than the nine week twitching tiny embryo that we were hoping for. Anyway she was convinced that all the evidence meant that I was pregnant but just not as far along. Luckily I am not a numpty so realised that I would not have conceived three weeks after ovulation and after a postive pregnancy test. I was unable to convince her of this.
The thing was yesterday that she had not read the notes, OK, I appreciate that the docs can't read every damn thing in the notes but questions like "you have had one normal delivery yes?" when I have had two abnormal ones do not inspire you.
The internal was grimmer than, at one point she was shouting "squeeze my finger - More!"...I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment