Monday 9 March 2009

The wrong trousers

I think we are all better now, very dramatic tummy bug that totalled everyone except me - not sure if I have some sort of uber-immunity or whether it is just that I am the only one who washes their hands after going to the loo.
The cress heads are growing well as is the little nephew. My sister seems to have taken to motherhood well and I am getting misty eyed remembering the first few days and weeks of being a Mum. I remember going into labour on a fairly grey day and coming out a week later to masses of daffodils and cherry blossom, I was very over emotional and cried when my husband told me that he had seen a baby lamb that was bigger than little one sr. I was so bowled over with the sweetness of it all, if I could go back to speak to myself then I would probably tell myself to belt up and stockpile gin.
Husbands birthday tomorrow, have bought some nice stuff for him, I went shopping without little one sr. who was really unhelpful when I was choosing husbands christmas presents "No mummy, put that back, he wants a blu-ray player".
Am going to attempt to do some useful practical stuff today, however am wearing best jeans and others not clean so not sure whether to do gardening or not. Think I have possibly now discovered most facile ever excuse "I was unable to do the housework as I am dressed too nicely". Am beginning to suspect that Mrs Beckham has a plan.....

No comments:

Post a Comment